- To reach and keep normal weight while improving nutrition, energy and health.
- It is important that you do not eat excessively, but on the other hand, do not follow a strict diet.
- Choose foods containing high protein, such as meats, fish, whole grain, cottage cheese, etc.; and fresh fruits and vegetables for their vitamin and mineral content. Use diet foods as much as possible, i.e., low calorie salad dressing and artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid fried foods. For faster weight loss and better health you should prepare your meats and vegetables by roasting, broiling, boiling or baking.
- Cut back on carbohydrates.
- To keep your metabolism revved up, try to eat mini-meals throughout the day instead of two or three large meals. Eat your meals in a leisurely manner, chewing your food well.
- Be sure to get adequate amounts of calcium every day. Ladies over age 40 should take a calcium supplement daily.
- You should drink at least 64 ounces of water every day.
- Keep a journal of everything you eat and drink, and when. Avoid eating late or before bed.
- You should get adequate rest and relaxation daily.
- If you are relatively inactive, you should start a moderate daily exercise routine. Choose exercises that use all of your body muscles to stimulate blood circulation. Muscles contain extra fat deposits too; and, an inactive muscle usually has a decreased supply of blood.
- Walking is one of the best exercises for losing weight and good health.
- If you develop symptoms that you believe are related to your weight loss medication, please call as soon as possible. You should feel well. You should have plenty of pep and you should rest well at night.