In order to be seen for hormone replacement therapy, our office requires several pieces of documentation prior to your appointment.
- Saliva test results
- Stop by our office (no appointment necessary) prior to your HRT appointment to buy a saliva test kit.
- Mail the kit to the lab indicated on the box at least 2 weeks before your appointment.
- Cost: See Price List – (kit, postage, and results sent to our office)
- Mammogram report (dated less than 1 year prior to your HRT appointment)
- Pap smear report (dated less than 3 years prior (if no prior abnormalities) and 1 year prior (if last pap result was abnormal).
*We do not perform or request mammograms, pap smears at this office.
After your initial HRT appointment, you can expect the following:
- Monthly appointments to monitor dosage until your hormone levels have stabilized
- Six months after your levels have stabilized, we will schedule a checkup appointment for a saliva/bloodwork retest
If you are a weight control program and hormone therapy patient, your appointments for both services can be combined for a discount.
Please review our fees and no-show policies prior to your scheduled HRT appointments
Prescriptions for HRT will provide refills to last until your next scheduled visit.
These prescriptions may require compounded hormones, which must be filled by a special pharmacy that compounds medication. Our office will provide you a list of local pharmacies that can fill these prescriptions. These compounded medications may be at an additional cost to you that is separate from your appointment fees.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions on our HRT requirements.
Please email prescription forms to:
***(please do not email these forms to [email protected])